We offer a Primary PGCE with QTS (gaining masters credits) in accreditation with Edge Hill University.
We are offering the following specialisms subject to demand and viability: English, Mathematics, Science, Modern Languages, Computing, Humanities, Creative Arts, Physical Education (PE), Special Educational Needs / Disabilities (SEN/D) and Learning Outside the Classroom
CONTACT THIS TRAINING PROVIDER
Phone: 01942 634672
St Georges Avenue
Why join the Eatock Primary Cluster?
We offer our Initial Teacher Training (ITT) trainees an outstanding School Direct programme which includes the following:
• School-led professional learning.
• High quality training provided by Eatock and other primary schools within the Eatock Primary Cluster.
• A high quality teacher training programme and support from Edge Hill University.
• Individual support and mentoring by good and outstanding practitioners within their own school.
• First-hand experience of Learning Outside the Classroom and how to use it to enhance teaching and learning.
• PCGE Primary Education with QTS Qualification (60 credits) – Working with both Eatock Primary Cluster and Edge Hill University you will work towards your QTS qualification.
About the Training Programme
The Eatock Primary Cluster School Direct programme will be delivered by good and outstanding practitioners in a highly supportive and aspirational environment. The programme is aimed at developing your skills, knowledge and understanding required for teaching within the classrooms of tomorrow.
The majority of training will be delivered by the Eatock Cluster School Partners and Edge Hill University. The programme supports trainees to develop innovative and creative approaches to teaching in a supportive environment. Trainees will be provided with classroom based experiences which will enable them to reflect on pedagogy in practice.
Edge Hill University’s teaching and learning experience is of the highest quality, with a curriculum that is inspiring, relevant and informed by the outcomes of up to date research. As part of your School Direct experience, you will have access to state of the art facilities at Edge Hill University’s Ormskirk campus and regular interaction with fellow PGCE trainees.
About the training provider
The School Direct Programme is accredited by Edge Hill University and is delivered in collaboration with Eatock Primary School. There are currently 9 other Primary schools within the Eatock Primary Cluster, which offer an exciting and bespoke opportunity to experience school-based training within both urban and semi-rural settings.
Before the programme commences, you must have:
• School Experience – A commitment to, and understanding of, primary education, normally founded on at least 10 days of experience in primary classrooms in the two years prior to your application
• Qualifications – GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent qualification) in English Language and Mathematics prior to application. We also require GCSE at grade C (or equivalent qualification) in Combined Science / Physics / Chemistry / Biology and two additional National Curriculum subjects (as taught in Key Stages 1 and 2).
• Degree – A first or second class Honours degree from a UK university.
• Personal and presentational qualities – including a good standard of written English
*Please note, for the purposes of initial teacher training, Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy qualifications are not considered as equivalent to GCSE grade C in Mathematics or English*.
An academic reference is required for all students who have graduated in the last five years.
You are required to undertake a Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy prior to entry to this programme. Successful completion of the Professional Skills Tests will form part of the conditions of any offer of a place.
Further information, including a Declaration of Health questionnaire and details of how to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, previously CRB) Enhanced Disclosure will be sent to you after you have firmly accepted an offer.
Rebecca Green – School Direct Lead
Schools & Partners
Aspull Church Primary
Leigh St Mary’s
Oxford Grove Primary
Markland Hill Primary
St Gregory’s R.C. Primary
St George’s CE Primary
Haslam Park, Bolton